One of my favorite foods to eat is donuts. Now, I now I am not supposed to go anywhere near them for my health, but donuts are one of my food “vices”. I haven’t found a good donut place nearby yet, and that is a good thing. My favorite donut of all time so far is the glazed donut at Stan’s Donuts in Santa Clara, CA. I have witnessed people waiting up to 45 minutes to get a dozen of these hot delicious donuts that have been made the same way since the 1950’s. I personally, would not wait that long, but they are worth the wait. So, I thought, just for fun to find some unique donuts that I would like to taste but haven’t (and probably never will).
1. The Maple Bacon Bar from the Donut Bar in San Diego, CA
2. The Creme Brule at Glazed and Infused in Chicago, IL
3. The Nutella Donut at Sublime Donuts in Atlanta, GA
4. Sweet Potato Donuts Holes at Say LaV in Austin, TX
5. The “Dead Elvis” at Psycho Donuts in Campbell, CA
The Dead Elvis is a custard-filled doughnut with peanut butter, bananas, bacon and a swirl of jelly.
6. Fresh Stawberries and Cream Donut at Sublime Donuts in Atlanta, GA
7. The “Funky Monkey” donut at Gourdough’s in Austin, TX (pictured above)
The funky monkey is topped with grilled bananas, cream cheese icing, and brown sugar.
Wow! I need to stop right here. I don’t know about you, but I’m getting hungry just listing all of these donuts and looking at the pictures of them. Well, at least can drink a cup of decaf coffee with my imaginary donut in hand, right?